Here’s what has our coffee pots boiling over this morning:
- “Pink Friday” was released a little over a month ago and it’s been officially certified platinum by the RIAA. This is a huge win for Nicki Minaj — showing that she’s a force to be reckoned with. [TGJ]
- T.I. recently got into hot water with prison officials. Apparently, he and Tiny got a little frisky during her visit. TMZ reports that guidelines state that “the inmate’s hands must remain in plain view of Visiting Room staff at all times” and they didn’t exactly keep to that. We’ll leave the rest to your imagination… [TMZ]
- Michael Vazquez, a Manhattan photographer, is suing Kanye West and his team for allegedly assaulting and threatening him. He claims he suffered “physical, mental and emotional illness.” [NY Post]
- President Obama is known for many firsts, but now he’s the first President to ever be photographed wearing flip-flops — proving he’s a relaxed and down-to-earth leader. [Buzz Feed]
- Jennifer Lopez and her ex-husband are being pulled into an IRS investigation. Ojani Noa has been questioned by authorities about payments from Lopez. A representative says, “The IRS told Noa that the 1099 form J.Lo submitted to them was almost double what he put down that she paid him…” The deal came from a settlement that the two reached after Noa sued J.Lo for firing him as manager of her restaurant. The numbers don’t seem to be adding up… [Radar]
- Teena Marie’s death certificate has surfaced and there is still no cause of death. However, the coroner noted on the certificate that she died at 3:09 pm on December 26h and the cause of death is pending. [TMZ]
- Jamie Foxx recently performed two singles from his recent album “Best Night of My Life” on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.” He sang “Fall for Your Type” and “Yup, That’s Me.” Check out his performance below.
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!