There is a lot going on in the entertainment world today! Here’s what we’re taking in over a hazelnut iced coffee.
- Nicki Minaj took to her Twitter page to speak out about claims that she was attacked by a male friend at a Dallas hotel yesterday. Police were reportedly called to the scene when an unidentified male hit Nicki in the mouth. Nicki denied the claims on Twitter, saying, “The fact that you believe a man punched me in the face and didn’t leave on a stretcher? #GetALife.” [TMZ]
- Halle Berry has obtained a restraining order against Richard Franco, who was arrested for intruding on her property three times this week. Legal documents state that Franco sneaked into Halle’s garage and was standing at her glass kitchen door the first time she dialed the cops. How creepy! Franco is still in custody with a full hearing for a permanent restraining order set for August 1. [TMZ]
- Speaking of scary stalkers, two paparazzi photographers were handcuffed by LAPD cops after speeding through several red lights to photograph Michael Jackson’s daughter, Paris. Though speeding paps weren’t booked, a crime report was filed with the L.A. City Attorney’s office. [KTVF]
- First Lady Michelle Obama is under attack for her recent Shake Shack pit stop. Folks are upset over Mrs. O’s 1,700 calorie burger, claiming that she should set a better example, especially since she’s at the helm of the Let’s Move campaign to prevent obesity. But really, what’s the harm in ONE burger and some fries? [Huffington Post]
- Ciara is heading to a new music label. After the restructuring of Sony Music, CiCi will move to the Epic Label Group under the leadership of L.A. Reid — who originally signed her back in 2003. [Singersroom]
- Is Tyrese already working on another book? The “How To Get Out of Your Own Way” author tweeted, “Me and my best friend and mentor @RevRunWisdom are writing a book together called ‘MANOLOGY’… All I can say is GET READY!!” [Sister 2 Sister]