Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images
Nicki Minaj is caught on tape yelling at Mariah Carey on American Idol.
Here’s why we’re grinding a fresh batch of coffee beans this morning:
- Tensions are running high between American Idol judges Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey. In footage obtained by TMZ, Minaj is seen sharing heated words with Carey during auditions in Charlotte, North Carolina “Every time you patronize me, I’m going to take it back, and if you’ve got a f**king problem, handle it,” Minaj said. “I told them I’m not f*ckin’ putting up with her f**kin’ highness over there.” [TMZ]
- The Real Housewives of Atlanta star NeNe Leakes has weighed in on criticism about her new role on the NBC show The New Normal. Leakes, who plays an assistant to the lead character, says she’s okay with the racist comments about the role because it’s just acting. “I don’t know if I am the queen of the reality TV, but I am the queen of transitioning from reality [TV] to scripted,” she said. “I have done it, and I don’t think there is any other reality star that has. I’ve gone from reality to a series regular on a major network on a major show.” [The Grio]
- Singer John Legend announced on his website that he will be postponing his upcoming tour to finish work on his next album, Love In The Future. “I’m writing with a change of plans to share with you,” he wrote. “We’re not done with the album. And my team and I have made the agonizing decision to put off the tour until 2013 when we know we will have the new music done and will be ready to fully unveil the creative vision through the album and the live experience.” [The YBF]
- Rihanna has just been announced as one of three performers for this year’s Victoria Secret Fashion Show. She is scheduled to perform two songs, including her latest single from her seventh album, “Diamonds.” The runway show will air on CBS on December 4th. [Just Jared]
- Another set of wives are joining the reality TV world. TLC is scheduled to start filming Starter Wives this month. The network says the “series will share the lives of seven women who supported their former husbands/boyfriends before the fame and wealth made them the men they are today.” The cast includes Tashera Simmons, ex-wife of DMX; Shaniqua Tompkins, ex-girlfriend of 50 Cent and Liza Morales, ex-girlfriend of Lamar Odom, amoung four others. [EURweb]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!