Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images
The rapper says she doesn't feel all that comfortable behind the judges' table.
Guess what flavor brew we’ve got bubbling:
• Nicki Minaj opened up about her American Idol drama on the second installment of her reality show, Nicki Minaj: My Truth. When asked how comfortable she was behind the judges’ table the rapper said, “I absolutely do feel like a fish out of water sometimes, and that’s only natural, I’m human.” Minaj also said she was apprehensive about taking the job. “I was extremely nervous, and if I say I’m not nervous, I’d be a Godd**n lie.” Have you been watching Minaj’s E! mini-series? [Grio]
• MTV pulled the plug on America’s Best Dance Crew. After seven seasons on air, the Randy Jackson-produced reality show was cancelled. According to reports, the competition show barely drew viewers in this season. MTV said in a statement, “We are grateful to Randy Jackson and [production studio] Warner Horizon for having brought our audience seven amazing seasons of dance… and look forward to more successful and dynamic entertaining collaborations in the future.” [Variety]
• Usher is evicting his ex-wife, Tameka Raymond. The singer is putting their former home on the market for $3.2M. Usher purchased the six-bedroom home in 2007 for $3M. There’s no word on where Tameka will relocate. [TMZ]
• Call it seven days of madness. Rihanna is taking her fans and the press on a whirlwind tour around the world for the release of her brand new album Unapologetic. Beginning November 14, Rihanna will stop in Mexico City, Toronto, Stockholm, Paris, Berlin, London and New York—one city a day. “We’re turning this jumbo jet into our tour bus,” said Rihanna in a statement. “We’re practically living on this thing for a week: sleeping, partying, all together.” [Hollywood Reporter]
• In other Rihanna news, she’s gracing the December cover of GQ barely wearing anything. In fact, the sizzling cover shows the tatted-up Bajan singer sporting a leather jacket draped over her shoulders with her hands strategically placed in the appropriate areas. [Huffington Post]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!