Comedian and TV personality Nick Cannon suffers a major health setback.
Have a look at what has our mug bubbling over:
- Nick Cannon’s year isn’t off to a very good start. Wifey Mariah Carey tweeted this photo of him in a Aspen hospital. She reports that he suffered “mild kidney failure.” Carey took to her official site to say, “I’m not trying to make light out of the situation because it’s a serious moment that’s very tough on all of us so please keep us and our family in your prayers.” Get well soon, Nick! [TGJ]
- D’Angelo is prepping for a major return to music. He’s said to be working on a new studio album and will start his European tour in Stockholm later this month. [YBF]
- Spike Lee is throwing a very intimate fundraising dinner for President Obama at this Upper East Side brownstone on January 19. Tickets cost $38,500 per person or $71,600 per couple. [NY Post]
- Super-producer The Dream is the man to watch these days. In an interview on an UK radio show, he revealed that he earned a whopping $15M from Rihanna’s “Umbrella” song. [Bossip]
- New details are emerging about Don Cheadle’s new movie about Miles Davis. He said it won’t be a biopic but rather a “cubist.” He goes on to say most of it will take place in ’79 — not when Davis was playing music. [Slash Film]
- The newest cast of “Celebrity Apprentice” has been announced. Former late-night host, Arsenio Hall, will be among next season’s talent. “Whoop-Whoop-Whoop!” [E!Online]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!