TGIF! Here’s what we’re chatting about this morning:
- Michael Jackson’s new album will get the fancy treatment on Monday. Fifty Cirque du Soleil dancers will put on a show in tribute to the late King of Pop for an album listening party. Theron Feemster, one of the last producers to work with M.J., said, “He wanted to give the world a gift. He didn’t want the world to depend on ‘Thriller,’ or ‘Bad’ or ‘Off the Wall.’ He wanted to give them something they could hold on to and remember forever.” [NY Post] [Fox News]
- Word from White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs is that he hasn’t “seen or witnessed evidence of any smoking” by President Obama “in probably nine months.” That’s good news. Best of luck, Mr. President, on fighting the urge. In other Obama news, he’s planning to meet with former President Bill Clinton today, apparently looking to learn a few things from Clinton on how to deal with a Republican House and Senate. [Gawker] [Fox News]
- Trey Songz is eyeing a Beyonce collaboration. He revealed that “I want that powerful duet. A big ballad like the Usher and Alicia Keys ‘My Boo’ track. I reached out to Beyonce. Of course, I asked Jay-Z if that was okay to see what we can do.” That should be one hot song! Let’s hope he can make it happen. [Bossip]
- Details of Nicole Richie’s wedding this weekend are being released. A former stylist of Richie says that she might wear a Marchesa gown, but isn’t sure. Also, that she more than likely won’t wear white, but an off-white or pink color. This should be a cute function. Can’t wait to see the photos. [Radar Online]
- People are surprised that the people behind Kim Kardashian’s Brissmor watch collection are African-American. But why? No word. Apparently the Brissmor Watch Company has an office in Beverly Hills with additional offices in the Bahamas. Click the link to see the ritzy watch. [EURweb]
- LeBron James can now officially settle into Miami. The NBA star just purchased a $9-million home in Coconut Grove. Congratuations to LeBron, we’re sure he and his girlfriend will enjoy their new home this holiday season. Check out the photos of their 6 bedroom, 8.5 bathroom mega home. [Bossip]
- Prince made a surprise visit to “The View” yesterday. He brought the ladies tickets to his sold-out concert later this month. Sherri Shepherd nearly had meltdown. Check out the clip.