Musiq Soulchild will share his opinion on love, relationships and music in a new book.
Guess what flavor coffee we’ve got brewing:
- On Monday, Musiq Soulchild said he’s taking a break from singing to turn his attention to writing. The artist told Billboard he’s penning a book about love, relationships and music. “Basically it’s just a man with an opinion ranting about love and relationships and how music is affected by them and how my music impacts other people’s relationship,” he said. [Clutch]
- Forest Whitaker is in talks to play the lead role in Lee Daniels’ new film, The Butler. Oprah Winfrey, Hugh Jackman, Liam Neeson and Mila Kunis are circling a deal to participate in the project as well. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Whitney Houston fans want to see her nearly perfect National Anthem performance re-aired at the 2013 Super Bowl. A petition has been started targeting the NFL Association. [TGJ]
- T.I. and Tiny are trying to get their kids into showbiz. In the newest episode of Family Hustle, the couple take Major and King to a few auditions in Los Angeles. When they goof off, T.I. and Tiny coax the boys into taking their acting careers seriously. [Vibe]
- Could Regina King play New York Congresswoman and presidential candidate Shirley Chisholm in a biopic? Kerry Washington may have let the news slip by accident. “And I just heard that Regina King is doing Shirley Chisholm, perfect casting, which is another story that has to be told,” she said to BMoreNews.com. [The Grio]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!