Will Smith's latest alien fighting thriller nabbed the top spot at the box office.
See why we’re going easy on the brew this morning:
- Will Smith’s Men in Black 3 nabbed the top spot over the weekend, earning an estimated $55M nationwide and over $132M internationally. The Avengers pulled in $37M, Battleship earned $10.8M and The Dictator earned $9.6M. [CNN]
- Weeks ago news broke that Robin Thicke and Paula Patton weren’t caught up with their taxes — owing $492,582.49. According to new documents the couple have successfully paid off the amount. [TMZ]
- Beyoncé got back to business this weekend with a set of concerts in Atlantic City. The diva announced she lost 60lbs since the birth of her daughter. “They had me on that treadmill. I ate lettuce,” she said. [Radar Online]
- Morris Chestnut is the latest celebrity to join the cast of Identity Thief. The film is about a successful man whose life is ruined when a women steals his identity. The film will also star T.I. [EURweb]
- Congratulations to Justin Combs on earning a $54,000 scholarship from UCLA. He’s set to be a freshmen this coming fall and will also play on the university’s football team. [Grio]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!