Here’s what got our coffee mugs too hot to touch:
- Word on the street has it that Mary J. Blige might join the cast of “Rock of Ages,” an ’80s metal-ish Broadway play set for the silver screen. She would play Justice Charlier, a strip club owner. Tom Cruise is also in negotiations to appear in the film. We can definitely see MJB on the big screen, and this would be a provocative role for her. [Vulture]
- “Real Housewives of Atlanta’s” NeNe Leakes is opening up about her broken marriage to husband Gregg Leakes. In a recent blog post, NeNe said, “Gregg and I have held it together for years, but my breaking point has come… My happiness and independence means everything to me, and I want to follow my heart, but I’m scared.” Check out the rest of her intimate blog post. Hang in there, NeNe! [Vibe]
- Halle Berry is revealing some big movie news. According to her, the Wachowski siblings are possibly planning to shoot a film adaptation of “Cloud Atlas” in the summer 2011. Offers have reportedly gone out to Halle, Tom Hanks, Natalie Portman and others. [SlashFilm]
- Wesley Snipes’ struggle to avoid jail time for tax evasion continues. His wife Nikki is stepping forward in his defense and claims her husband hasn’t done anything wrong. She wrote a letter stating that he’s been “wronged in a way that I thought only existed in movies.” [Perez Hilton]
- Derek Jeter was spotted in Miami while his NY Yankee contract negotiations continue. Page Six is reporting that he hung out with his agent and some friends at a local nightspot. Let’s hope he’ll return to the Yankees, everyone is awaiting the official word. [Page Six]
- Filming has begun on MIchael Jackson’s “Hold My Hand” video, and it’s featuring Billy Blank’s nephew, Michael Issac Blanks. Apparently, young Blanks has been doing MJ impersonations for years. Let’s hope the video turns out nicely. [TMZ]
- T.I. and Drake have teamed up for a new single called “Poppin Bottles.” Let us know what you thinking of it. Are you jammin’ or slammin’ the single?