Happy hump day! Take a look at why we’re adding three lumps of sugar to our morning brew:
- Mariah Carey has confirmed the sexes of her unborn twins. She’s having a boy and a girl! “There were fans contests on Twitter about what gender they are and rumors about them being two boys or two girls — but nobody guessed this,” Carey told Life & Style Magazine. Congratulations to the happy couple. [Life and Style Magazine]
- Hip-Hop pioneer DJ Kool Herc is caught in a bind. The Daily News is reporting that he can’t afford to pay for much needed kidney stone surgery — nor does he have health insurance. No word on how he will overcome his current obstacle. [Huff Po]
- Justin Bieber is caught in the middle of Christina Milan and The Dream’s divorce. According to TMZ, The Dream previously agreed to pay Milan 10% of his publishing earnings from Bieber’s megahit “Baby.” Now she’s negotiating for more money and a bigger percentage of Bieber’s hit. Can you blame her? [TMZ]
- According to a source, Nicki Minaj will be presenting at this year’s Grammy awards. But that’s not all! Rihanna has announced via Twitter that she and Drake will perform at this year’s ceremony. It will be their first performance together. We’ll see how this turns out… [Punch Bowl]
- While Rihanna will be at the Grammys, Chris Brown will be appearing on “SNL” that same weekend. Brown is scheduled to perform on the February 12th episode of the comedy sketch show. Let’s hope there aren’t any jokes about his fiasco with Rihanna. [Clutch]
- Raven-Symone is heading back to TV. She will star in an upcoming ABC Family pilot called “The Great State of Georgia.” The show focuses on “Georgia,” played by Symone, trying to make a singing career in NYC when her ex-boyfriend travels to the Big Apple to win her back. Sounds like a cute idea, but we can’t wait for her to graduate to movies? [Vibe]
- Bobby Brown is prepping for his return to music. The R&B icon has released his first single, “Get Out The Way,” from his upcoming CD. He’s set to perform the single on TV One’s “Way Back When” on February 9th. Until then, check out his latest single below.