Voorhies' mother reveals her daughter battles with bipolar disorder.
See why we’re adding loads of cream to our morning brew:
- Former Saved by the Bell star Lark Voorhies is battling with bipolar disorder, the actress’ mother revealed in an interview with PEOPLE. There was speculation about Voorhies using drugs after an interview of the former teen star mumbling and staring off went viral early this year. Voorhies’ mother, Tricia, said she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and there are things that have traumatized her. “I care deeply about my daughter and I want her to resume her life,” she siad. [PEOPLE]
- The 2012 Presidential Cookie Bake-Off results are in and the winner is First Lady Michelle Obama! Family Circle magazine recently held its annual cookie bake-off where more than 9,000 people weighed in on Michelle Obama’s White and Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies versus Ann Romney’s M&M Cookies. According to reports, the winner of the bake-off has become the First Lady in four out of five elections. [The Grio]
- Will.i.Am has teamed up with television producer and personality Simon Cowell to create a math and science reality show competition. The Black Eyed Peas frontman says the show will give young people an opportunity to express themselves in math and science. “We’re working on a project called X Factor for Tech — and it’s going to be out of this world,” Will.i.Am said. [The Grio]
- Singers Alicia Keys and Dionne Warwick will be honored at this year’s Black Girls Rock! awards. The award show will take place on October 13th in New York City and will be hosted by Tracee Ellis Ross and Regina King. Keys is scheduled to receive the Rock Star award and Warwick will be honored with the Living Legend award. The show airs on BET on November 4th. [EURweb]
- Actress Tracee Ellis Ross has launched a new personal website, traceeellisross.com. The former Girlfriends star is now using her personal site to highlight natural hair, beauty, well-being and fashion. “I hope you discover something here that you enjoy,” Ross said in a welcome video on the site. “The content is going to change often and frequently, but my intention is that this be a collection of things that make my heart sing, things I love, things that nourish me,” she said. [Clutch]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!