Kimora Lee Simmons reveals she's not pleased with current reality TV.
It’s Monday morning! See why we’re dumping loads of sugar in our brew:
- Despite being a reality TV queen herself, Kimora Lee Simmons is fed up with the way women are portrayed on the small screen. She told the press in Kuala Lumpur, “I’m not proud of it and I’m not proud of how women are depicted. I’m not proud of how when you turn on the TV, you are fighting and scratching and cursing at your mum and you are naked.” It’s not clear if her own reality series, “Life in the Fab Lane,” will be returning to TV. [EURweb]
- Michael Jackson’s daughter Paris is heading to the big screen! When asked when she’ll be making her acting debut, she said, “Soon!” What kind of movies should she be doing? [Hollywood Life]
- Brooklyn rapper, Astro, might be eliminated from the “X-Factor,” but he’s got plenty on his plate. News is circulating that he has signed to Jay-Z’s Roc-Nation label. Jay-Z said, “Not only was I impressed with his performance, but to see the confidence he sang with, his lyrics and diction were on point.” [EURweb]
- Mariah Carey is dreaming up a fancy Christmas special! She recently tweeted a photo of her taping a special for fans. No details have been released. [TGJ]
- Will and Jada let loose this weekend in Miami. The couple joined friends David Guetta and his wife Cathy at club Liv. Onlookers reportedly went crazy after spotting Jada dancing in the DJ booth. [NY Post]
- Dr. Conrad Murray has filed an appeal notice in Los Angeles Superior Court. The notice indicates that he will be appealing his involuntary manslaughter conviction. He’s currently serving four years in L.A. County Jail. [CNN]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!