The talented duo will star in a new film directed by Tim Story.
TGIF! See why we’re reaching for a buttery croissant:
- Kevin Hart and Ice Cube are joining forces for a one-of-a-kind comedy. The duo will star in Ride Along, set to be directed by Tim Story, the director from Think Like a Man. Hart plays a second grade teacher who’s ready to jump the broom. However, his fiancée’s cop brother, played by Ice Cube, wants to scare him off. So, Cube invites Hart to a ride along in hopes of forcing a split. It’s set to begin shooting this fall. [EURweb]
- Blake Griffin won’t be heading to London for the 2012 Olympics. The NBA star will undergo knee surgery instead. Officials are looking to tap rookie Anthony Davis to fill the spot. [Huffington Post]
- Will Smith is looking to make his directorial debut with his new biblical film, Cain and Abel. If he does take on the film, it’ll more than likely be produced through Smith’s production company, Overbrook Entertainment. He is also set to play Cain. There’s no word on who would be cast for Abel. [Slash Film]
- Queen Latifah and friends sang to their heart’s content at Indochine. The singer enjoyed a round of Karaoke after appearing on the David Letterman Show. She reportedly sang Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believin'” and Bonnie Tyler’s “Total Eclipse of the Heart.” [Page Six]
- Lenny Kravitz is looking to expand his brand into an empire. He told CNN in Paris, “The plan is to make it a lifestyle brand… my dream for this company. In the same way you would see Ralph Lauren or Giorgio Armani.” The singer also plans to open an eco-resort in Brazil next year. [Page Six]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!