The former Destiny's Child member says she can't find time to do the show this fall.
See what we’ve got percolating this morning:
- It’s official, Kelly Rowland will not return to the U.K. version of The X Factor. Rumors began to swirl last year that she wasn’t living up to Simon Cowell’s expectations. At one point she even suddenly pulled out of a show citing illness. “Kelly has not been able to agree on a deal that fits into her autumn/winter schedule, so sadly she cannot accept a place on the 2012 panel,” said a spokesperson for Rowland. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Michelle Obama says she and President Barack Obama limit their kids’ internet use. Mrs. Obama says that when things don’t get done the internet and TV are the first privileges to get taken away for daughters Malia and Sasha. “At the drop of a hat – you look funny, you’re unhappy, you’re whining a little bit too much. That’s the first thing that goes,” she said. “Right, don’t roll your eyes.” [Black Celeb Kids]
- John Legend will replace Lionel Richie on ABC’s “Duets.” The piano man is taking over for Richie who dropped out over scheduling conflicts. Legend will join Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Nettles and Robin Thicke in the search for a hot new musical sensation. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Rihanna says even though some may not agree with her recent choices, she’s living her “truth.” “Doing what you want means moving forward with the way you feel and living your truth… sometimes there are a lot of people who won’t agree with you, but it has to be your truth,” she said. [Extra TV]
- Aretha Franklin may be looking to pluck Audra McDonald from Broadway and put her into a feature film. The EMF headliner says she was impressed with McDonald’s performance in “Porgy and Bess” and is considering the actress for her own biopic. [Madame Noire]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!