Kelis verbally assaulted in a UK airport -- tops our news this morning.
Check out what flavor coffee we’re brewing over here:
- Kelis is pretty upset over being called a “slave” in a British airport. Apparently, an elderly British man called her a “slave” and “disgusting Nigerian.” Kelis admits she didn’t fight back like she wanted. “Over 50 people said nothing. I mean literally nothing. Didn’t flinch. We all know I’m no saint, so I retaliated. Not the way I wanted to, or how that pig deserved,” she tweeted. [Hello Beautiful]
- T.I.’s legal woes continue to build up. This time, prison officials in Atlanta have put a stop to his lawyers challenging the decision to throw him back in prison. Sadly, prison officials feel he’s “not entitled to legal counsel.” T.I.’s legal time will have to wait a bit longer to challenge the system. [TMZ]
- Meagan Good will not be joining the cast of VH1’s “Single Ladies!” We’re sorry for the bad news, but despite numerous rumors and news reports, the actress isn’t involved at all. “They haven’t contacted me… and if they do I’d only be coming on as recurring,” she says. [EURweb]
- Aretha Franklin is still hoping that Halle Berry will play her in an upcoming biopic. Though Berry has made it very clear she’s not interested, the Queen of Soul is still working on getting her to sign. [Hollywood Reporter]
- In honor of back to school season, Jennifer Hudson is getting into the spirit. She’s teaming up with Bounty and Get Schooled to help provide supplies to teachers this academic year. Hudson along side Adrian Grenier and George Lopez will be donating money to his/her childhood teacher to help off set costs! We need more celebs willing to give back.
- Katherine Jackson and MJ’s three kids are about to get a big check! Jackson’s estate has earned over $310M since his death, and executors want to give $30M to Katherine and his kids. [TMZ]
- In Serena and U.S. Open news, she’s been fined $2,000 for getting into it with an umpire during her finals match. Though some may believe it’s unfair, she’s got to play by the rules. She’ll be back on the court soon! [EURweb]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!