The rapper premiered his long awaited short film, Cruel Summer, last night.
See why we’re grabbing lots of snacks with our morning brew:
- Kanye West invited two hundred of his closest friends along with a few members of the press for the premiere of his short film, Cruel Summer. The story follows a car thief (Kid Cudi) who meets a blind Arabic woman that uses golden strings tied throughout out her home to get around. The woman’s father won’t allow them to get married unless he can make her see again. The 30-minute film was shown using seven screens, providing different angles of the same action. West admitted that the version shown last night was merely a rough draft. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Will Smith says a Bad Boys 3 film is in the works. “I talked to Martin [Lawrence] about that a couple of weeks ago,” said Smith. “Martin is into it and we got a couple of screenplays and the story’s gotta be right.” [YBF]
- Oprah Winfrey is set to lose millions on a piece of Chicago real estate. The media mogul is putting her six-floor 1913 Beaux-Arts style home on the market for $2.8M. That’s nearly half its original price. [Radar Online]
- In other Oprah related news, she’s set to get her own channel on the Huffington Post. The section will provide articles, blogs and interactive content curated by OWN and Oprah.com writers and producers. The idea is to create an ongoing dialog about the content – helping people “discover their best selves.” [Madame Noire]
- Earlier this week the media went crazy over rumors and reports that Think Like a Man was banned in France for lack of diversity. Today, Sony Pictures is clearing up those rumors. The company maintains that the romantic comedy was never planned for release there. [EURweb]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!