This is Joe Jackson's third stroke in five years.
See why we’re having turkey sausages with our brew:
• The eldest Jackson, Joe, 83, suffered a stroke yesterday morning. He’s now being treated at a Las Vegas hospital. He’s said to be in “very good spirits” and is expected to be released on Friday. This isn’t Jackson’s first stroke. He suffered two similar mild strokes in the last five years. [CNN]
• The soundtrack for Django Unchained is set to be very special. James Brown and Tupac Shakur will appear together on a special remix of “The Payback.” In addition, John Legend and Rick Ross are set to add their own songs to the soundtrack. The film’s star, Jamie Foxx, will make several appearances as well. [Rolling Stone]
• Serena Williams was named WTA’s Player of the Year! The tennis diva earned the title after winning a number of big titles this year including the Olympics, Wimbledon and the U.S. Open. She won Player of the Year in 2002, 2008 and 2009. [Grio]
• BET set a premiere date for its highly anticipated new show House Husbands starring Kevin Hart, Boris Kodjoe, Nick Cannon, Robin Thicke, Duane Martin and J. B. Smoove. The sitcom will hit the air on January 15 at 10 p.m. Are you excited to see what Hart cooked up for the show? [EURweb]
• Basketball legend Michael Jordan was banned from Miami’s La Gorce Country Club on Wednesday for wearing cargo shorts. He reportedly refused to change his attire while playing a round of golf. When Jordan refused, the Country Club asked that he never return to the course again. [ABC]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!