Jill Scott launches a Twitter tirade over not being nominated for a Grammy.
TGIF! Have a sip of our creamy morning brew:
- Jill Scott is not happy with the Grammys. She launched a twitter tirade over not being nominated for “Light of the Sun,” which was her first number one album ever. “0 nominations. I’m speechless. Cover of Billboard, #1 CD in the country, tied, broke the record for Urban radio OK… so ok Wow,” she wrote. “I don’t need a Grammy. I deserve it & I’m clear on that. The Light of the Sun was/is magical. We were lifted & filled with truth. I (heart) it.” [That Grape Juice]
- Oprah’s entire first class of graduating students in South Africa is going to college! All 72 will be attending college in either the U.S. or Africa. [EURweb]
- Season 5 of “The Game” is about to get a lot hotter. Both Brandy Norwood and NeNe Leakes are set to make guest appearances this season along with Estelle and Selita Ebanks. [EURweb]
- Willow Smith’s debut album finally has a release date. It’s set to appear in stores on April 3rd, 2012. “I’m very excited because I get to express myself through my music and have like other people relate to what I’m talking about,” she says. [Black Celebs]
- Beyonce squashes those wacky food craving rumors. She tells Katie Couric on tonight’s episode of “20/20,” she’s not really craving anything. “I read that I like ketchup on everything… Not true. I was on a plane and the flight attendant came and was like, I have your hot sauce and pickles and bananas. I’m like, that is disgusting! What are you doing? and He’s like I read it on the internet!” [Celeb Baby Scoop]
- Kelly Rowland rocked the stage at BBC’s 1Xtra Live Festival! See her hot performance of “Motivation” below:
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!