Here’s what we’re talking about.
- Jill Scott is preparing to return to Philly and give back in a major way. On December 4th, she will host the second annual Blues Babe Foundation fundraiser to benefit Camp Jill Scott, Blues Babes Music in the Classroom and its scholarship fund. Blues Babe was created by Scott in 2002 to help students in lower-income neighborhoods by putting programs in place to promote leadership and education. Now that’s some morning inspiration! [EURweb]
- Former President Bill Clinton has filmed a cameo for the “Hangover 2.” This movie is getting more and more popular as stars are coming out to participate in it, including Mike Tyson (again). We’re not sure if it’s our flavor coffee, but it’s interesting to know that Clinton will be part of the project. [Pop Eater]
- Lamar Odom is heading back to court in a custody battle. This time around he wants a judge to create a “parental access schedule” for him and Liza Morales, the mother of his two kids, Destiny, 12, and L.J., 9. It’s a good thing we haven’t heard his name in a nasty court battle, good to see him working it out quietly. [EURweb]
- After opening with an impressive $20 million last weekend, “For Colored Girls” dropped to the number six spot over the weekend. With all the buzz around the actresses and controversy over the portrayal of men in the film, why hasn’t it maintained its position or risen to number one? [The Root]
- Where hasn’t Janet Jackson been lately? She’s on the December issue of Health magazine and she’s talking about body image issues. Check out the cover, she looks fierce in that red! [YBF]
- Ray J has taken to Twitter to clear up rumors that he and Whitney Houston are not dating. “I’m not in a relationship with Whitney. She is a great friend of mine. I had dinner with her in Atlanta the other day. That’s all! Damn,” he said. Sounds like someone is getting testy. No? [TGJ]
- Michael Jackson’s newest song featuring Akon was unveiled this morning at 12:01 AM. and is available to purchase on iTunes. As always, you can listen to it here and let us know if you’re jammin’ it or slammin’ it. Check it out! [MichaelJackson.com]