Jermaine Jackson writes a personal letter calling for peace and healing in his family.
See why we’re asking for an iced latte this morning:
- Jermaine Jackson wants to end the Jackson family feud. In a letter posted to his Twitter account, the former Jackson 5 star writes, “I rescind my signature from the letter which was sent to the Estate, and which should never have gone public.” Furthermore, he extends an olive branch to everyone involved in hopes of “healing.” “I still hold deep reservations about many issues involving the Estate,” he said. “… I will continue to bring scrutiny and a resolute voice wherever we have cause for concern. Jermaine’s brother, Tito, withdrew his name from the letter last month. Will more siblings follow? [TMZ]
- Despite all the crazy drama going on in Fantasia’s life, the soul singer says she looks to music and God to keep her grounded. “… I can say that music, for me, is my therapy. And I love the fact that other people enjoy it, so I just travel and share it. But it’s not easy, but nothing comes easy in life. You have to work hard for it.” [Britni Danielle]
- Did you fall in love with X-Factor winner Melanie Amaro like we did? Her first single, “Don’t Fail Me Now,” from her debut album is out! It’s described as an encouraging and uplifting song about her journey to success. [EURweb]
- NFL player O.J. Murdock of the Tennessee Titans committed suicide earlier this week. He was found outside his Tampa high school with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was 25-years-old. [USA Today]
- The Venus and Serena Williams Tennis Academy in Los Angeles will host its second annual West Cost African-American Tennis Hall of Fame Reception and Family Tennis Festival on Saturday, August 11 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. The family event will feature games, clinics and more. [EURweb]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!