The rapper, along with Bruce Springsteen, will perform at a rally for supporters in Columbus, Ohio.
See why we’re having a cheese danish with our brew:
• Jay-Z is set to help President Obama give his 2012 presidential campaign one last push. The rapper, along with Bruce Springsteen, will join the Commander-in-Chief at a rally in the pivotal swing state of Ohio on Monday, Nov. 5, performing for supporters in Columbus just before Election Day. Jay-Z’s no stranger to campaigning for the president; he and Beyoncé held a swanky $40K-per-person dinner for the President in September. Together they raised $4M. [Rolling Stone]
• New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has officially endorsed President Obama. Bloomberg says he appreciates the President’s leadership on climate change: “[He] has taken major steps to reduce our carbon consumption, including setting high fuel-efficiency standards for cars and trucks,” said Bloomberg. [WSJ]
• Former boxing champion Evander Holyfield has filed a lawsuit to stop the sale of his boxing memorabilia. The fighter says the sale is moving forward without his consent. However, Julien’s Auctions President and CEO Darren Julien says they had Holyfield’s approval last year when the plan was originally announced. A number of Holyfield’s personal items were seized from his Georgia home at foreclosure. [Fox News]
• Yesterday, Oprah Winfrey became a permanent fixture of the Huffington Post. The media company launched a “HuffPost OWN” section featuring material from the TV network and Oprah.com. The media mogul said she’s “delighted to join the conversation.” [Grio]
• Miguel caused a stir when he posted a photo of himself and Beyoncé during a recent studio session. The “Adorn” singer says he was shocked when he found out Beyoncé wanted to collaborate with him. “I heard it from my team, and I was like, ‘Are you serious? Are you sure? Are talking about the Beyoncé?'” said Miguel before the session. “After taking a second to confirm and double confirm and triple confirm, I’m excited to hear the direction of her new material, and hopefully come up with something that’s really special and showcase her perspective.” [MTV]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!