The rapper is teaming up with Coldplay for a concert at Brooklyn's Barclay center.
See why we’re having instant coffee this morning:
• Are you interested in ringing in the new year with Jay-Z and Coldplay? The two are joining up for a mega-concert on December 31st at Brooklyn’s Barclay Center. Jay-Z and Coldplay put on a rockin’ New Year’s Eve show in 2010 at Las Vega’s Cosmopolitan Hotel. Tickets for this year’s event go on sale November 17. [Vibe]
• Swizz Beatz is in trouble with the government. The rapper and producer reportedly owes New York state more than $98K in back taxes from 2010. He also reportedly owes $2.6M in back taxes to the federal government. [TMZ]
• Cee Lo Green is fighting reports that he drugged and sexually assaulted a woman. He finally released a statement calling those allegations “despicable.” “We are confident that when all the facts come out, it will be clear that if anyone was victimized here, it was Cee Lo,” read the statement. “It the meantime, Cee Lo is deeply grateful for the overwhelming support he has received from his fans, his friends and his colleagues.” [Rolling Stone]
• Is Oprah Winfrey getting into the food business? The queen of media filed several U.S. patents and trademarks recently—including several applications for “Oprah’s Organics.” The name will be used to sell bath soaps, sunscreens, massage oils, hair products, organic vegetables, soups, beverages and snack dips. Winfrey also filed applications for “Oprah’s Harvest” and “Oprah’s Farm.” [NY Post]
• Despite Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. undergoing treatment for an illness, he could be facing jail time for reportedly misusing campaign funds. According to the Huffington Post, he’s negotiating a plea deal with the federal government. In that deal, he could face jail time as well as resignation from his current post, of which he was re-elected to last week. [CBS]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!