The actress admits she wasn't aware of human trafficking in the U.S.
See why we’re adding just a little half and half to our brew:
- Jada Pinkett Smith is lending her voice to the campaign against human trafficking. USA Today reports that Willow was so moved by the Kony 2012 video that she urged her mother to get involved. Jada along with Will Smith visited the State Department for the release of Hillary Clinton’s 2012 Trafficking in Person Report. “I was actually really quite ashamed that I didn’t know about this particular situation in our country,” said Jada. “Because when you think about human trafficking, you think about it ‘over there.’ Wherever ‘there’ is.” [EURweb]
- It looks like Halle Berry will have to dig deep into her pockets to pay her ex-boyfriend and father of her child, Gabriel Aubry, child support. A California judge has ordered that movie star to pay $20,000 a month. [TMZ]
- Nicki Minaj is riled up that health care in this country is unaffordable. She tweeted to President Obama her concerns for Americans in light of actress Yvette Wilson’s tragic death. “What’s sad is that when Yvette was bringing home the bacon, the gov’t was probably taking millions. On her deathbed though, #NoWhereToBeFound… I don’t understand why people have to worry about their ‘medical bills’ while they’re on their death beds Mr. President.” [Clutch Mag]
- After much hype and buzz that Keshia Knight Pulliam would be joining the Real Housewives of Atlanta, the Georgia peach denied rumors of any involvement. “I am not joining the cast of RHOA this season… next season or any season,” she tweeted with confidence. “I honestly don’t know where this rumor is coming from!” [Urban Daily]
- Less than a year since the release of her sixth album, Talk That Talk, Rihanna is heading back to the studio start album number seven. The Bajan singer was spotted on her way to the studio in London, where she reportedly met with Sean Garrett to begin recording new music. [TGJ]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!