News is circulating that BET's hit series, The Game, may be returning to TV this fall.
Check out why we’re adding a bit of half and half to our brew:
- Could BET’s The Game be returning for a sixth season? It sure looks like it! According to the YBF, the popular drama-filled comedy will be back this fall. The network is set to officially announce it this coming Thursday at their upfront presentation. Are you looking forward to the next season? [YBF]
- For the first time, Bill Cosby is sharing his thoughts on the Trayvon Martin case. He told the Washington Times, “We’ve got to get the gun out of the hands of people who are supposed to be on neighborhood watch,” he said. “Without a gun, I don’t see Mr. Zimmerman approaching Trayvon by himself. The power-of-the-gun mentality had him unafraid to confront someone. Even police call for backup in similar situations. When you carry a gun, you mean to harm somebody, kill somebody.” [The Grio]
- Kevin Costner revealed on Anderson Cooper that he sent Whitney Houston letters of encouragement throughout her struggle with drugs. The actor said he never stopped caring about Houston. [Perez Hilton]
- Black Women in Hollywood honoree, Paula Patton, has landed a role opposite Denzel Washington in the new action flick, 2 Guns. Patton is set to play Washington’s girlfriend. [Huffington Post]
- Montell Jordan says he paid his taxes. Last week, TMZ broke the story that the singer owed over $600K in back taxes. Today, Jordan maintains he paid his debt but the government has yet to receive its check. It’s apparently frozen in another account controlled by the U.S. Trustee Program. He expects the funds to be released to the IRS in the coming weeks. [TMZ]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!