We’ve got some hot Coffee Talk for your hump day morning!
- Idris Elba recently opened up about the possibility of playing Luke Cage. He revealed that he has a deal with Marvel comics and says he’s also interested in bringing Blade back to the silver screen. I think it’s time we had another Black superhero, don’t you? [Total Film]
- In other Idris Elba news, he more than likely will appear in “Ghost Rider 2.” He’s keeping busy we see. According to The Hollywood Reporter, his role would be “an alcoholic warrior monk tasked with finding Ghost Rider.” Not quite what we had in mind… [Slash Films]
- Chrisette Michelle is the latest celebrity to advocate for education. She is now the new spokesperson for the “Saving Our Daughters” book campaign, and hosted her first Hip-Hop 4 Education Initiative this week, which discussed Hip-Hop and its effect on education. [EURweb]
- If you haven’t seen Jennifer Hudson lately, you need to check her out. She’s looking fabulous! She caught up with People and she’s talking about her new size and her adjustment to it. Plus, she’s joining in the fight against world hunger. [People]
- Boris Kodjoe doesn’t want to be known as a sex symbol anymore. Good luck with that. “Over the past few years, it’s been more of a hindrance, in that I had to really work ten times as hard to establish myself and prove to people that I’m more than that.” [Black Voices]
Check out Jill Scott’s live performance of “A Long Walk” at the 2010 ESSENCE Music Festival on our new Vevo channel.
- New York Knicks star Amare Stoudemire posed nude for the cover of ESPN’s 2010 Body Issue. He appears dunking over water while covering… his jewels. We’re not mad at all … not even a bit. What do you think of his nude cover? [Examiner]