See what’s bubbling our brew this morning:
- Halle Berry made a court appearance yesterday in Los Angeles for her custody case against Gabriel Aubry. “We were very happy with the result today, but because this is a paternity case, I can’t say anything about it,” said Berry’s lawyer. Since Berry and Aubry have called a cease-fire, Berry will return to making “New Year’s Eve,” but in a smaller role than originally cast. [People]
- Is Michael Jordan gearing up for a return to the NBA?! Black Voices is reporting that he joined the Charlotte Bobcats’ practice this week. If you remember back during his Hall of Fame induction speech, he said, “One day you may look up and see me playing a game at 50. Don’t laugh. Never say never.” Jordan turns 48 today. [Black Voices]
- Michael Vick was supposed to tape a special episode with Oprah today, but canceled at the last minute. “After careful consideration, I will postpone the taping of the Oprah Winfrey interview. I admire and respect Oprah and hope to be able to participate in an interview in the future,” he said in a statement. [Washington Post]
- VH1 has announced the link-up the 15th anniversary season “VH1 Storytellers.” The network is slated to have Cee Lo Green, Maxwell and others this season. The show will detail the stories and ideas that inspire these artists.
- The White House is planning a big Motown PBS special. Jamie Foxx has been asked to host the event alongside the First Couple. Smokey Robinson, John Legend, Ledisi, Seal, Amber Riley and others will all perform at the celebration. It’s scheduled for February 24th and will air March 1st on PBS. The show will also be streamed at whitehouse.gov. [Eurweb]
- Aretha Franklin has announced her return date to the stage. Franklin says she’s operating at “150 percent” these days and is planning to return to music on May 28th at the Seneca Niagara Casino in Buffalo, N.Y. In addition, she’s said that Wal-Mart will release her new album, “Aretha: A Woman Falling Out of Love” that same month. [Eurweb]
- LL Cool J’s wife, Simone Smith, has launched a new line of jewelry sold on her website, SimoneISmith.com. The site features luxury earrings and bracelets. Celebrity friends like Regina King, Shaunie O’Neal and Mary J. Blige have all worn Smith’s jewels. [Vibe]