Gayle King is set to co-anchor CBS' morning news show!
Have a look at what we’ve got brewing this morning:
- Gayle King will now co-host the 8 a.m. hour of CBS’ “The Early Show!” That’s great news from King, who already hosts a hugely popular radio show — she’s going to be a busy woman! [EURweb]
- Viola Davis isn’t too pleased with Black actresses being called “dignified.” “I love and hate the word ‘dignity,'” she says. “I feel it’s overused for Black actresses, as with ‘sassy,’ and ‘soulful.’ I can go on. The same adjectives are pulled out of a magic box.” [Clutch Magazine]
- Whitney Houston is opening up about Aaliyah’s — who was originally cast as the lead role in “Sparkle” before her untimely death 10 years ago. Hear Houston’s kind words here. [That Grape Juice]
- Nick Cannon shares his thoughts on not selling photos of his twins Monroe and Moroccan. “We didn’t want to sell pictures to a big fancy magazine photo shoot,” he says. “I didn’t want to have to put pictures out there, but we wanted to do it on our own terms and in a regular way.” [Black Celebrity Kids]
- News reports are circling on what the Jackson family will do now that the trial is over. FOX News says that Joe Jackson is seeking to file a civil case against Dr. Conrad Murray. [Fox News]
- Usher is hard at work on his seven album! The pop star says he’s going to make a new sound called “revolutionary pop.” [EURweb]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!