I Am Mixed will be her first children's book to hit stores this fall.
Check out why we’re adding a double shot of espresso to our brew:
- Garcelle Beauvais is lending her talents to writing. The actress is set to release three comic books about two children with mixed ethnicities. I Am Mixed, the first installment, will hit stores this fall. The second book will tackle the tough subject of divorce. There’s no word if her own two children (pictured above) inspired her to write. [EURweb]
- Nicki Minaj was set to headline the 2012 SummerJam concert last night when she unexpectedly pulled out. The rapper claims she was disrespected by DJ Peter Rosenberg. It’s unclear if Hot97 will reimburse fans. [TGJ]
- Spike Lee is in talks to direct Mike Tyson’s one man show “Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth.” The two have been working quietly behind the scenes preparing to bring the show to Broadway later this year. [TMZ]
- Alfre Woodard is returning to the fifth season of HBO’s True Blood. It will be the first season that her character, Ruby Jean Reynolds, the schizophrenic mother of Lafayette, has been seen since season three. [EURweb]
- The 2012 Tony Awards are shaping up to be something nice. Tyler Perry has signed up to be a presenter. He joins Jim Parsons, Jessica Chastain and Candice Bergen who’ve committed to participating in the ceremony. [Hollywood Reporter]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!