"You might as well just stop talking about it," the gold medalist says to critics of her hair.
Here’s why we are adding a touch a vanilla to our morning cup:
- Don’t like Olympic gold medalist Gabby Douglas’ hair? Too bad, because she’s keeping it as is. ”I don’t think people should be worried about that,” she told the Associated Press. Douglas said she will continue to wear her hair in a ponytail with clips during competitions. ”Nothing is going to change,” she said. ”I’m going to wear my hair like this during beam and bar finals. You might as well just stop talking about it.” [Huffington Post]
- Oprah Winfrey has snagged an interview with Rihanna for the next episode of Oprah’s Next Chapter. Oprah and Rihanna were recently seen touring the Barbados with a camera crew. The interview is set to air on the OWN Network on August 19th. [Necole Bitchie]
- Usher and Tameka Raymond’s custody battle will resume as planned. According to reports, Usher asked to postpone the court dates in light of the death of Tameka’s 11-year-old son, Kile Glover, saying it would cause “unnecessary stress and strain” for both parties. However, a Georgia judge has ruled against the request and the case will continue as planned on August 13. [TMZ]
- Rapper and singer Drake has plans to work on getting his high school diploma. The Young Money artist dropped out of high school during the filming of Degrassi: The Next Generation. He’s currently scheduled to perform at the OVO Festival in his hometown of Toronto, but once it’s over, he says he’ll spend his summer graduating high school. “That’s my main focus after OVO Fest. I only have one credit left, and I’m really excited about that,” he said. Drake has also be reported to executive produce a new Aaliyah album. [MTV]
- Actress Sherri Shephard has landed a guest starring role with her best friend Niecy Nash on the TV Land sitcom, The Soul Man. “I was so excited to play Boyce’s cousin – I had so much fun playing her,” she said. To get to play a character opposite my bridesmaid and one of my best friends in the world Niecy Nash was wonderful – I am so proud of her. And I’ve known Cedric [the Entertainer] since 1991, so it was like being back with family.” [EURweb]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!