We're dishing on stories about Nick Ashford's funeral plans and more.
- Nick Ashford’s funeral is planned for this Saturday, August 27th at Harlem’s Abyssinian Baptist Church. The legendary singer/songrwriter died of throat cancer on Monday. A repast is scheduled to be held at Valerie Simpson’s Sugar Bar on West 72nd street. [EURweb]
- Aretha Franklin is trying to stop the release of a never-before-seen documentary of the making of her 1972 live album, “Amazing Grace.” Apparently, the film can’t be released without the Queen of Soul’s approval. [TMZ]
- Debbie Allen is heading back to the small screen. This time, she’s going to be in front of the camera. She’s set to star in upcoming episodes of “Grey’s Anatomy” as Jesse Williams’ mother. [EURweb]
- Everyone is still talking about Will and Jada. But today TMZ reports that crew members of “HawthoRNe” claim Jada and Marc Anthony were not intimate at all. Are you following this story? Do you believe any of the headlines falling out from this? [TMZ]
- Are Trey Songz and Drake headed into the studio for an album collabo? It’s certainly possible, as Trey Songz admits he wants to work with Drake again. But he’s quick to mention how unique Kanye and Jay-Z’s chemistry is and how authentic their music sounds. We think Trey Songz and Drake could pull it off. Right? [That Grape Juice]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!