Fresh off his 2012 NBA championship, Dwyane Wade announces he needs knee surgery.
TGIF! See why we’re reaching for the cheese danish this morning:
- Fresh off his championship win, Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade will undergo knee surgery in the coming weeks. The news comes as no surprise, as he’s played through the pain for much of the post-season. Wade will unfortunately have to miss the 2012 London Olympics. He’s said to be working with his management to schedule the surgery. [Grio]
- Usher has filed a restraining order against a woman who claims she’s married to him. Darshelle Jones-Rakestraw unexpectedly arrived at Usher’s Atlanta home a few days ago and was arrested on the spot. Usher claims she poses a security risk to him and his immediate family. [TMZ]
- Cee Lo Green will join the cast of the upcoming movie Can a Song Save Your Life. Green is set to play a hip-hop star named Troublegum who helps a singer, played by Keira Knightly, fulfill her goals. [EURweb]
- Two Los Angeles police officers won’t face criminal charges after allegedly leaking pictures of a bruised and battered Rihanna in 2009. According to a report, there wasn’t enough evidence to show TMZ paid the officers off for the pictures. [Fox News]
- Here’s an interesting tidbit of news. The black sequined jacket worn by Michael Jackson during his memorable 1983 Motown 25 performance happened to belong to his mom, Katherine. It was reportedly pulled from her closet at the last minute. “He didn’t know what he was going to wear so he went to my mother’s closet,” said Jermaine Jackson. “And she had this shiny thing that she wore, this black sequin thing that he said, ‘I like that. Can I wear it on the show?’ That’s what he did the moonwalk in… that was my mother’s throw.” [EURweb]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!