After a fiery season on the dance floor, NFL player Donald Driver took home the top prize.
See why we’re grinding our own coffee beans:
- Dancing with the Stars crowned its new champion last night. NFL star Donald Driver and dance partner, Peta Murgatroyd, took home the mirrorball trophy. Upon hearing the fantastic news he stopped, dropped and rolled. “Amazing! This is awesome,” he said. Congratulations to Donald Driver! [MTV]
- Arsenio Hall recently won Celebrity Apprentice and now three networks are ready to bring him back to television. It’s not clear what kind of show he would have, but NBC and Fox are throwing their hats into the ring. [Perez Hilton]
- Yesterday, it was reported that Ray J was hospitalized for exhaustion and jet lag in Las Vegas. He’s since been released and is said to be home in Los Angeles. The singer underwent a plethora of tests to ensure no blood clots were in his lungs. Get well soon, Ray J. [Eurweb]
- Ruby Dee and Ossie Davis’ grandson, Muta’Ali Muhammad, has launched a Kickstarter page to raise money for a documentary he’s doing about his grandparents love, art and activism. He reportedly needs $50K to get the film completed. [Clutch Mag]
- Donna Summer’s 1977 hit “I Feel Love” will enter into the National Recording Registry. The hit reached number six on the Billboard Hot 100. Summer died last week from a long battle with lung cancer. She was 63. [Hollywood Reporter]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!