The executive producer of 'American Idol' is asking the president and Al Green to do a duet.
Take a look at why we’re nuking day-old coffee:
- Could President Barack Obama appear on “American Idol”? If the show’s executive producer, Nigel Lythgoe, has his way, Obama will be singing “Let’s Stay Together” with Al Green this season. Tweeted Lythgoe to the president: “We loved your vocal performances so much so we’d love to invite you on to ‘American Idol’ this season for a duet with Al Green.” The White House has yet to respond. [EURweb]
- Denzel Washington’s new film, “Safe House,” roars into theaters on February 10, but the actor says it wasn’t easy getting it finished. He admitted that co-star Ryan Reynolds gave him his first black eye ever. [People]
- Yesterday, a judge denied Halle Berry’s request to block visitation between Gabriel Aubry and their daughter Nahla. The judge also denied Berry’s request for monitored visitation. [Radar Online]
- A Georgia judge is allowing a jewelry company to seize $859,896 directly from Allen Iverson’s bank account. The company sued the NBA player in 2010 for not paying a $375,000 bill. The new total tallies up court costs, interest and attorneys’ fees. [Bossip]
- The first Black singer to appear with a major U.S. opera company has died at the age of 92. Camilla Williams passed away yesterday from complications of cancer. Williams’ career began nine years before Marian Anderson became the first Black woman to sing at the Metropolitan Opera. [Washington Post]
- Tiger Woods is almost back on top of his golf game. He finished third at the Abu Dhabi Championship in United Arab Emirates. It’s his third consecutive top-three finish. [The Root]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!