Diana Ross' youngest daughter is expecting her first child.
Here is why we are adding extra cream in our morning cup:
- Chudney Ross, the youngest daughter of superstar Diana Ross, is expecting her first child. The bookstore owner was recently photographed in Hawaii with baby bump and mom-to-be glow. She tweeted, “Mahalo Kauai for a fabulously relaxing, sun and fun filled few days to celebrate my baby with my baby #babymoon.” According to reports, she is due in September. [Black Celebrity Kids]
- Magic Johnson officially launched his new television network, Aspire, in New York City last week. The business mogul said his network will be a big platform for African-American work. “Family driven content, positive images of African-Americans — that’s what we want that platform for,” he said to a group gathered at the launch. Aspire, which will air movies, documentaries, comedy and music, debuted in 16 of the top 25 Black markets. [The Grio]
- Producer and Black Eyed Peas group member Will.i.am has landed his first number one single on the U.K. charts. “This is Love,” featuring Eva Simons, has sold over 102,000 copies and is set to be released on his fourth album, #willpower. “I’ve had number ones before with the Black Eyed Peas, but to me this one means so much,” Will said. “I know people thought I could only be successful in the Black Eyed Peas, they were wrong.” [Punch Bowl Blog]
- Michelle Obama spoke encouraging words at the African Methodist Episcopal Church’s 49th General Conference last week. To about 10,000 people, the First Lady said that our faith journey isn’t just about showing up on Sunday for a good sermon. “It’s about what we do Monday through Saturday as well, especially in those quiet moments, when the spotlight is not on us and we’re making those daily choices about how to live our lives.” [EUR web]
- It would only be a matter of time before Tiger Woods made his way back to the top of the golf world. Woods won the AT&T National, a tournament he founded in 2007. For the first time in 100 weeks, he holds the title for number one in PGA Tour points. [The Root]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!