TGIF, ladies! You’ve made it to the end of the week and now it’s time kick back and relax. But first, we have some tasty coffee talk to set your Friday off right!
- NBA superstar, Chris Paul, will host his 5th Annual Chris Paul Foundation Winston-Salem Weekend in his hometown. The weekend will include a basketball clinic, a “Rock the Block” street party, plus a “Day of Service.” We love to see athletes getting into more than just baby mama drama. Take note, Dwight Howard.
- Gabourey Sidibe walked the runway in New York Fashion Week’s first ever plus-size show. The “Precious” star joined models Emme and Nikki Blonsky for the OneStopPlus.com show. Go Gabby! Representing for big girls with style! [Black Voices]
- Jennifer Hudson has lost another 20 pounds since debuting her new slim and trim body back in April. “I didn’t expect to go as far as I did,” she said. “I’ve always been a person who’s comfrotable with myself whether it’s plus-size, small size it doesn’t matter.” We have one question for the soon-to-be Mrs. Otunga, how do you do it? Weight Watchers! [People]
- T.I. has been summoned to court and will have to appear in front of an Atlanta judge to explain why he shouldn’t be sent back to jail. He was released from his previous prison sentence this past December. [Yahoo OMG]
- Football season just kicked-off, but the Super Bowl is already on the NFL’s mind. The Black Eyed Peas reportedly have been selected to perform in the halftime show. [Vulture]
Check out Jill Scott’s live performance of “A Long Walk” at the 2010 ESSENCE Music Festival on our new Vevo channel.
- Anita Baker and Ron Isley will be honored at this year’s 2010 Soul Train Awards. We certainly think Anita and “Mr. Biggs” deserve he honor. Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson will also return to their hosting duties. [Theater Mania]