The troubled singer will put his life on display in the upcoming series.
Guess what flavor coffee we’re sipping on today:
• Are you ready for more Bobby Brown? The troubled singer is teaming up with BET for a brand new reality show set to be produced by James DuBose. The yet-to-be titled series will follow Brown through his life and career. Most recently Brown checked himself out of rehab early, telling fans he’s doing great. Unfortunately, just days later his new wife Alicia Etheridge suffered a seizure. [LA Times]
• Rihanna is set to embark on yet another world tour. Beginning March 8 in Buffalo, New York, the “Diamond World Tour” will hit 27 cities across North America. But will this new tour coincide with a new album? Only time will tell. [TGJ]
• Both Will and Jada Pinkett Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment and Jay-Z’s Roc Nation will lend their support to a movie about the political turmoil surrounding Angela Davis. There’s no word when Free Angela & All Political Prisoners will debut. However, Jada said, “We at Overbrook Entertainment are very proud to support this intriguing documentary about the life of Angela Davis. Filmmaker Shola Lynch has done an incredible job in revealing a piece of American history we thought we all knew.” [EURweb]
• Mariah Carey surprised guests dinning at the Carlyle Hotel this week. The songbird spontaneously joined the band to sing “Summertime” and “Lullaby of Birdland” before guests enjoying their dinner and cocktails. “Mariah was loving the music,” said one onlooker. [NY Post]
• Anita Baker says she’s a fan of Chris Brown. “I also embrace his, whatever it is that has allowed these young ones to endure what they endure publicly, and to still be able to present themselves to us,” she said. “Historically, in my generation, all of my heroes and heroines have had issues and problems. We all do. Chris Brown is brilliant. That cat is brilliant and I wish him the best.” [Boom Box]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!