Beyonce's baby bump causes Twitter world record and more, all in Coffee Talk.
Take a look at why we’re dashing off to Starbucks this morning:
- Beyonce’s pregnancy announcement at Sunday night’s VMAs set off a Twitter world record. Her tiny baby bump was the most talked about topic in Twitter history, with 8,868 tweets per second! That beat Osama Bin Laden’s capture and Michael Jackson’s death. [That Grape Juice]
- Janet Jackson has confirmed she will not attend the October 8th tribute for her brother, Michael. “Because of the trial, the timing of this tribute to our brother would be too difficult for me,” she told the Associated Press. [That Grape Juice]
- The checks keep rolling in for sexy actor Idris Elba. His BBC show “Luther” has been picked up for a third season! Congratulations to him! [EURweb]
- And for Michael Vick, the checks just got bigger! Vick has scored a six-year $100-million deal with the Philadelphia Eagles. Cha-ching! This contract will make Vick one of the highest-paid players in the league. [Radar Online]
- Mel B is expected to go into labor this week — by inducement. She’s reportedly overdue and doctors are planning to induce her labor in the coming days. “Ideally I want it to come naturally, but I’ve tried everything. I’ve tried the hot food, the running, the sex and violence. I’ve tried it all. And it just seems to be stuck and hibernating in there getting bigger and bigger, so it’s coming out this week for sure,” she said. [Radar Online]
- Marjorie Harvey is gearing up for her second annual “Girls Who Rule the World Mentoring Weekend” on October 28-30th. She’s looking to uplift and educate 100 teenage girls from the Atlanta area. It’s not too late to sign up — click here to apply. [Huffington Post]
- Many are upset with Tyler the Creator’s win for Best New Artist at Sunday night’s VMA ceremony. The rapper’s debut album set a record for the most f-bombs on an album with 213 — and no we’re not talking about the curse word — but the derogatory word toward gays. GLAAD is furious, to say the least. [Perez Hilton]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!