Beyoncé takes a moment to admire First Lady Michelle Obama in an open letter.
See why we’re reaching for instant coffee:
- Like many of you, Beyoncé looks up to the First Lady. The performer penned an open letter thanking Mrs. Obama for being so amazing. “Michelle is the ultimate example of a truly strong African-American woman,” it reads. “She is a caring mother, she’s a loving wife, while at the the same time, she is the First Lady! Thank you so much for every single thing that you do for us. I am proud to have my daughter grow up in a world where she has people like you to look up to.” [Beyonce.com]
- In other First Lady news, Michelle Obama appeared on The Colbert Report on Wednesday. Stephen Colbert asked her if she’ll be endorsing her husband and she jokingly replied, “I am endorsing my husband Barack Obama. I think he will be a phenomenal president. He has been a phenomenal president. He’s my man.” [Radar Online]
- The 911 caller from Whitney Houston’s hotel room kept hanging up on the dispatcher, reports People. The caller never received potentially life-saving CPR instructions. In related news, the Beverly Hills Police Department announced it is closing the investigation, determining that Houston’s death is not a “criminal matter.” [People]
- Both Don Lemon and Whoopi Goldberg are totally supportive of journalists saying the word “n*gger” when reporting news stories about its use. “I hate saying ‘the n-word,'” says Lemon. “I think it takes the value out of what that word really means.” [EURweb]
- Is Bobbi Kristina heading to reality TV? Although the details are unclear, news outlets are reporting that Bobbi Kristina is possibly working with a network to secure a deal. If true, would this be a bad idea? [Clutch Magazine]
- The Voice co-stars Cee-Lo Green and Christina Aguilera are set to work together in the studio. Could the duo pull out an amazing hit with Cee-Lo’s crazy antics and Aguilera’s large voice? Only time will tell. [TGJ]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!