Beyoncé filmed a special video dedicated to First Lady Michelle Obama.
Have a sip of our extra strong coffee this morning:
- Beyoncé has taken her level of appreciation for Michelle Obama to a new height. The pop star has recorded a video of herself reading her now famous letter to the First Lady. In the video, Beyoncé says, “[Michelle Obama] is the ultimate example of a truly strong African American woman…” The video appears to be recorded for President Obama’s 2012 campaign trail. Check it out below. [People]
- If American Idol wants Mariah Carey they’ll have to pay up big, according to Nick Cannon. The comedian told photographers yesterday the show will have to give Carey nearly $40M. [TMZ]
- Will Tameka Raymond take her ailing son, Kile Glover, off life support? The news this morning indicates the insurance company won’t keep paying for it beyond a few months. After that, Raymond will be forced to pay for it herself or take him off. [EURweb]
- Shaquille O’Neal is heading back to acting. O’Neal along with a few of his friends are jumping into comedy with a new series called Upload with Shaquille O’Neal. The former NBA star and his friends will comment on web videos and create their own parodies. It’s set for 10 episodes on TruTV. [EURweb]
- Rihanna is one the highest paid celebrities under the age of 30. According to Forbes’ newest ranking, the 24-year-old singer earns a reported $53M a year. Go RiRi! [Forbes]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!