"Everyday we see your heart and character inspiring all of us to give more of ourselves," wrote Beyoncé.
See why we’re having muffins with our brew:
• On this Election Day, pop star Beyoncé shared a letter she wrote to President Barack Obama. “Everyday we see your heart and character inspiring all of us to give more of ourselves,” wrote the singer. “You are the leader to take us from where we are to where we need to be. You are the reason my daughter and nephew will grow up knowing that they can truly be anything they want to be.” Beyoncé and Jay-Z held a fundraiser for Obama in September; together they raised $4M. [Beyonce.com]
• Is Nicci Gilbert of the R&B Divas no longer part of the group? According to The YBF, Gilbert was given her walking papers recently. The site reports that Gilbert was axed because viewers didn’t connect with her and said she was their least favorite diva. [YBF]
• Jamie Foxx is excited about reviving the Apollo’s amateur talent show for Centric TV. Foxx knows what it’s like to be booed on the famous stage. “I’ve been booed at the Apollo. When I first went to New York as a young comedian and Sinbad brought me out, I think he kind of set me up too, because he said, ‘We’ve got a West Coast comedian.’ Immediately they started booing before I even got on the stage,” said Foxx. Apollo Live premieres November 25 at 11 p.m. [EURweb]
• The numbers are in! NBC’s Hurricane Sandy: Coming Together telethon raised $23M for the Red Cross. Stars like Christina Aguilera and Mary J. Blige lent their voices for the cause. Yesterday, ABC held its Day of Giving to raise money for victims. For the past week, celebrities have been digging deep to help relief efforts. [Rolling Stone]
• Halle Berry says she’s proud of her short hair, because it’s given her a certain edge over the years. In fact, Berry says when it’s short she feels her best. “But hair doesn’t define me,” said the Cloud Atlas star. “It’s just an accessory that I get to wear, like a handbag or shoes.” [People]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!