BET will not play Nicki Minaj's latest video, "Stupid H*e."
Take a look at why we’re having black coffee this morning:
- BET has decided to ban Nicki Minaj’s latest video, “Stupid Hoe.” TMZ is reporting that sources in the company say it’s too explicit for television. The song repeats the lyrics “stupid hoe” dozens of times and it also features Minaj’s nearly bare bottom. [TMZ]
- TLC and the producers of the “Real Housewives of Atlanta” are working to bring you a new reality show centered around the wives of Atlanta’s preachers. Is the genre going too far? [Clutch Magazine]
- Tracy Morgan allegedly won’t help his estranged mom pay her bills. Morgan reportedly offered his mom $2K to help save her home from foreclosure, but she needs a total of $25K. [EURweb]
- Want to buy President Obama’s old Chrysler 300? The 2005 sedan will be up for auction on eBay — bidding starts at $1M. [EURweb]
- John Legend is joining forces with the Kennedy Center to honor Marvin Gaye and encourage America’s youth to get involved in social issues. Legend will ask teens to submit their videos, songs, poems etc. to answer the question, “What’s Going On… Now?” [Grio]
- Vivica A. Fox will guest star on the ABC sitcom “Raising Hope.” Her character, Sarah Louise, will go head-to-head against Burt, the Chance family leader, in a Heavenly Helpers election campaign. [Perez Hilton]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!