The father-daughter duo are spotted together for the first time since Whitney's funeral.
See why we’re taking extra long to sip on our lattes this morning:
- It looks like Bobbi Kristina Brown and her dad Bobby Brown are mending their estranged relationship after a series of mishaps (on Bobby’s part) since Whitney Houston’s death. A witness reports seeing the two having lunch at a New York City restaurant this week. The two have not been seen out publicly since Bobby walked out of Whitney’s funeral; a move many felt sent a bad message to his daughter. Let’s hope they’re working on getting closer again. [US]
- Two people who probably won’t be getting close are actresses Gabourey Sidibe and Joan Cusack. The bubbly Gabby appeared on Bravo’s “Watch What Happens Live” where host Andy Cohen asked what Hollywood celebrity she was most disappointed by. “I met Joan Cusack, who is my favorite favorite,” said Gabby. “I was at some industry party, and she says, ‘Are you an actress?’ And I said, ‘Yeah!’ And she says, ‘Oh honey, you should really quit the business, it’s so image-conscious.'” Um, ouch! [Huffington Post]
- On top of working on a new album (Fortune, out July 3), Chris Brown has also collaborated with artist Ron English to release a limited-edition line of collectible toys called Dum English, available on May 2. All proceeds from the collection will benefit Brown’s Symphonic Love Foundation, which promotes arts programs for women and children. [Billboard]
- The uproar over the tone and messaging of VH1’s Basketball Wives is at a fever pitch. Fed-up fans, accusing Evelyn Lozada of bullying, have rallied together to create an online petition calling for an end to the show. In reaction, BBW’s Tami Roman says fans shouldn’t blame the stars of the show, only the producers. “I think that the opposition to call for the show to be cancelled will end the employment of several African-American women who have no creative control,” she said. “Why not call out the people who make the decisions about what is aired.” [Clutch]
- Speaking of controversy, the new Quentin Tarantino movie Django Unchained is expected to cause lots of it. Entertainment Weekly got a first glimpse at lead, Jamie Foxx, as Django, a freed slave who teams up with a bounty hunter in a quest to find his wife, played by Kerry Washington. See the pics over at EW.
- Nicki Minaj debuted a new video for the song “Starships.” Watch it below:
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!