The NBA star has apologized for his actions, but the NBA still wants him to pay.
See why we’re grinding our own coffee beans this a.m.:
- Amar’e Stoudemire caught hell over the weekend for tweeting a gay slur to a fan. Today, the NBA is announcing they are fining the star $50,000 for his poor behavior. “I am a huge supporter of civil rights for all people,” said Stoudemire in response to the fine. “I am disappointed in myself for my statement to a fan.” Is $50K too much for the slur, or do you think his punishment should be greater? [Bossip]
- Mathew Knowles is taking a stab at reality TV. The music exec is bringing his new girl group, From Above, to Teen Nick. The cameras will follow the divas as they jump-start their careers. [EURweb]
- 50 Cent was hospitalized and released following a car crash on the Long Island Expressway. He reportedly suffered “minor neck and back injuries.” 50 Cent’s bulletproof SUV was reared ended by a Mack truck and nearly flipped over. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Jamie Foxx and Quentin Tarantino are the latest celebrities to be added to the list of presenters of the 2012 BET Awards. The ceremony kicks off on Sunday at 8 p.m. So far, Usher, D’Angelo, Chris Brown, Nicki Minaj are set to perform. [Extra]
- The number of bone marrow donations have nearly doubled since Robin Roberts announced she’s been diagnosed with MDS. Jeffrey Chell, CEO of Be the Match says 15,000 people have registered. That’s 11,200 more than the company would receive during that time. [EURweb]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!