British songbird, Adele, takes homes six trophies.
See what we’ve got bubbling this morning:
- Adele is back! The songbird dominated the Grammys by taking home six trophies, including Album of the Year for 21. Last night also marked her return to the stage. She dazzled the crowded with a powerful rendition of “Rolling in the Deep.” [CNN]
- A judge will allow several credit agencies to seize assets from T-Boz. The singer filed for bankruptcy in October. However, a judge has kicked her out of bankruptcy court claiming she failed to deal with the situation properly. [TMZ]
- Christina Milian announced over the weekend that she signed a record deal with Young Money. She’s joining Drake, Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj and more. [YBF]
- Gayle King says she felt “conflicted” about attending Clive Davis’ Pre-Grammy gala. “On the one hand, we’re here to celebrate the music industry, but on the other, we’re filled with such grief to the loss of Whitney Houston. For me, it was an evening of contradictions, but I was still glad we were able to gather.” [EURweb]
- One of Beyonce’s friends and songwriters says she’s working on two projects this year. Ryan Tedder, the writer of “Halo” says, “… The conversations about her next album literally just happened. She has two projects happening this year. You just let her go.” [TGJ]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!