Check out why we're begging for strong coffee today: Michelle Obama will appear in a special episode of Nickelodeon's "iCarly," Nicki Minaj wants to be an actress, and Clive Davis says he will not work with Whitney Houston until her "golden voice" is back...
Check out why we’re begging for strong coffee today:
- Whitney Houston may have the support of millions of fans and family, but Clive Davis, the man who started her career, says he will not work with her until her “golden voice is back.” In an interview with KOST 103.5, Davis talked about Houston’s condition and admits she’s having a hard time giving up cigarettes as well as battling drug and alcohol addiction. “We’re not going to make a record or album until that golden voice is there and capable of knocking everybody out,” he said. [That Grape Juice]
- You can add acting to the long list of things Mrs. Obama can do. She’s set to appear on Nickelodeon’s “iCarly.” Mrs. Obama will play herself and essentially teach Carly about the rules of the internet. [Huffington Post]
- Alicia Keys is a humanitarian at heart. She gave an empowering speech at Tuesday’s United Nations AIDS Conference, where she stressed the importance of women’s rights and roles around the world. Her AIDS charity, Keep a Child Alive, is working to save millions of children in Africa. [Clutch Magazine]
- The numbers are in! A total of 16.4 million people watched Oprah’s last show on May 25th. Fantastic. We knew the numbers were going to be big, but we didn’t know they would be that huge. [Eurweb]
- Nicki Minaj wants to be an actress — that’s not far from what she is now. She revealed that she’d love to work with Will Smith and Tim Burton on projects, and even revealed she’s been to acting school. Can’t wait to see her on the silver screen. [Punch Bowl Blog]
- A complete list of guests and performers for the 6th Annual Spring Gala Benefit Concert honoring Stevie Wonder has been announced. Wyclef Jean, Yolanda Adams, Melanie Fiona, Raphael Saadiq and more are all scheduled to pay tribute to Wonder on Monday June 13th. [Eurweb]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!