Take a look at why we’re drinking black coffee this morning:
- Beyonce is gearing up for a possible summer release! According to reports, she debuted six songs to Sony music execs last week. Sony Music Australia boss Denis Handlin reportedly told the The Daily Telegraph “It was just amazing. These songs, the best description I can give is groundbreaking. She’s gone to another level.” That’s a bold statement, but we’re sure BeyBey can back it up! Roberto Cavalli let it slip that she wore his clothes (’70s-inspired) for her new video shoot! [YBF]
- Lil Wayne is in trouble with the IRS again. He recently paid off a $1.13 Million tax debt and now the IRS has filed a $5,610,034 tax lien against him. When will he learn? [Urban Daily]
- James Brown’s former producer, Jacque Hollander, is fighting with Brown’s family and Rev. Al Sharpton over his estate. She’s reportedly fighting for a share — his kids’ portion, to be exact. Hollander maintains that Brown wanted his money to go to two trusts… [Perez Hilton]
- R. Kelly is set to release a book entitled “Soulacoaster” this year. According to Kelly, he wants to share his side of the story after being misunderstood. We look forward to seeing what he has to say about his 2008 child pornography charges. [Perez Hilton]
- Jay-Z and David Ortiz have settled their lawsuit over the rights to the name “40/40 Club.” Ortiz knowningly used the titled and was trying to duplicate the club in The Dominican Republic. The two settled out of court for an unknown sum. [Eurweb]
- A judge is ordering Jermaine Jackson to pay up on owed child support. A judge lowered the total debt from $100K to $80K. Jackson maintains he can’t pay the bill because he’s broke, but is constantly pictured on lavish vacations with his current wife, Halima Rashid. His driver’s license will be reinstated if he makes a payment of $5K by today. [Sandra Rose]
- Rihanna went country for a moment on last night’s Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas. She sang with Sugarland’s Jennifer Nettles and performed a version of “California King Bed.” Check out the performance below.
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!