Get to know Blake Von D, the super chic blogger set to be honored as Chevy's Street Style Maven at the 2016 ESSENCE Street Style Awards.
The third annual ESSENCE Street Style Awards are swiftly approaching and the hottest stylists, designers, bloggers and all-around fashionistas will be on hand to celebrate New York Fashion Week! Our Chevy Street Style Maven Blake Von D has definitely carved out a lane all her own when it comes to style. Check out the 5 things you need to know about this super chic blogger.
1. Blake Von D is not only a super accomplished blogger with an Instagram following of 41K but she’s also a lawyer! After graduating from Spelman in 2009 and receiving her masters at NYU, she pursued her life long dream of becoming an attorney when she enrolled at Tulane University in 2012.
2. She has a penchant for fun, bright colors and a mean editorial eye. One look at her Instagram page and you’ll find yourself immersed in a curated world of fashion, popping prints, the perfect background, fun travels and good food. We’re sure she gets likes from 52-week-old pictures all of the time.
3. She’s been featured for her impeccable style by a number of outlets like ESSENCE.com, Fashion Bomb Daily, Black Enterprise and Refinery 29.
4. Blake kicked off her blog endeavors in 2008 with the intention to express her feelings as a young college student unsure of her next steps. Now, 8 years later she’s a well-known figure in the fashion blogging community with a focus on empowering women.
5. Blake has served as an ambassador for L’Oreal Paris and Shoedazzle and was hand picked by Chevy to be recognized at this year’s Street Style Awards as a Street Style Maven. Make sure to RSVP to the event to mix and mingle with her and so many more influencers in the fashion world.
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!