This week my Essence.com Intimacy Intervention inbox has been filled with goddesses like you wanting to know about the Yoni Egg. It seems that our sister Porsha Williams on The Real Housewives of Atlanta paid a visit to a Yoni Egg specialist, and now sisters want to know the full scoop.
We’ll talk more about this over the coming months, but for now, here are the Yoni Eggs basics you need to know.
Light a candle and close the shades. Let’s get all sacred feminine up in here.
5. The first thing readers wanted to know is, “Abiola, what is the “yoni?” Your yoni on the surface is your female reproductive organs but it’s so much more, depending on how deep you want to go. Pun intended.
The yoni is where life began for you and all humanity. The Sanskrit word that describes your sacred space means the source, the womb, and the vulva. The yoni, housed in your sacral chakra area, is the seat of pleasure and joy. Doubt me if you want to, but I think that your sacred clitoris with her 8,000+ nerve endings would agree.
4. What are yoni eggs? The yoni egg, also widely know as the jade egg, is a polished stone in the shape of an egg, created to be inserted into your vagina. Jade eggs are believed to be Chinese in origin, used by concubines of the emperor for youth, sexual prowess and vitality.
3. What are yoni eggs made of? The sky is truly the only limit, with eggs available in clear quartz, amethyst, banded onyx and more. Crystals are semi-precious stones which each emit their own vibrational healing energy or frequency. Therefore, you choose your yoni egg depending on your intention.
Black obsidian yoni eggs are incredibly powerful with transformational energy. This egg is said to strengthen the root chakra, the seat of all of our issues with feeling safe and knowing that you are enough. Obsidian is a grounding stone that connects us to our power and the energy of Mother Earth.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter for the latest in hair, beauty, style and celebrity news
Rose quartz yoni eggs are all about love, love for your body, love for your partner, and love for your spirit and life. Rose quartz emits a beautiful healing energy of calm. This lovely pink stone is all about opening the heart chakra, which so many of us have closed. A rose quartz yoni egg may help you feel more connected to your divine self than ever before.
Jade eggs are the most common of the yoni eggs and a good place to start. Nephrite jade emits a protective energy said to be one of devotion. Jade is an emotional healing stone, which is said to balance and stabilize.
2. A jade egg exercise program has many benefits. Yoni eggs are said to cause emotional, sexual, physical and spiritual transformation and healing. As an alternative to common kegel exercises, you may strengthen your vaginal muscles and benefits include: decreased incontinence, retoning post-childbirth, increased orgasms. Some women also experiment with Ben Wa balls.
Of course, this is for informational purposes only. Nothing here is meant to replace medical information. Consult with your own physician and health team to decide what’s best for you. Do not use a Yoni Egg if you are pregnant or wearing an IUD.
1. What else do you need to know? Some yoni eggs are drilled with a hole where a string may be attached; although this is not necessary. Yoni eggs come in different sizes, small, medium and large. You may wish to purchase a box set of all 3. The size you choose to work with will change as you go deeper in your practice. You may choose to start with a larger egg and then work your way down to a smaller egg as your muscles tighten. Many women choose to enhance their yoni egg practice with their prayer practices, yogic, affirmation and meditation practices and/or sacred baths.
To learn more about divine feminine energy and power, check out my last book, The Sacred Bombshell Handbook of Self-Love. To try yoni eggs, visit Womb Wellness Expert and Tantrika Tracey Bryant, featured in our previous piece on Yoni power at SensualHoneyWellness.com.
How beautiful that we as women are now able to have open conversations about ancient knowledge that was only whispered about in previous generations. Brava for the yoni – and yay for yoni eggs.