You can’t travel better if you don’t know what’s going on in the world around you. That’s why each week, ESSENCE will bring you the latest in trending travel news to keep you informed, discover new adventures, and provide you with useful tips that will help you journey deeper and cheaper.
This week, we’re embracing womanhood in Spain, keeping our eye on home rental scams and chasing the sunshine all the way to Mexico. Basically, we’re showing you how to travel smarter, safer and on a budget. You’re welcome.
Check out our weekly round-up of what’s trending in travel right now.
- Mallorca Just Opened a Female-centric Hotel With a ‘No Men Allowed’ Policy.
The rise of women-only travel opportunities has become even more popular over the years as women are increasingly choosing to take solo trips.
- Couple spends over $10,000 on Airbnb that didn’t exist
Ian and Denise Feltham had reserved a “VIP penthouse” in the Spanish holiday destination that promised features like a Turkish bath and a private elevator — and paid almost $12,000 for it.
- Pesky Hidden Hotel Fees May Soon Be a Thing of the Past
A bill was introduced into Congress this week that would protect travelers from hotel fees that aren’t clearly disclosed in the advertised price.
- Ski.com Is Hiring 12 People to Travel the World and Hit the Slopes With This Incredible New Dream Job
In exchange for experiencing the mountains and documenting their journeys each new Ski.com recruit will be compensated with an all-expenses-paid VIP resort experience, flights on United Airlines, gear from GoPro and a paycheck of $2,000 per person.
- FLIGHT DEAL: American – $514 (Regular Economy) / $460 (Basic Economy): Miami – Malaga, Spain. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
- FLIGHT DEAL: Swiss – $555: Washington D.C. – Cairo, Egypt. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
- FLIGHT DEAL: Non-stop from Chicago to Cancun, Mexico for only $188 roundtrip
- FLIGHT DEAL: New York to Luxembourg for only $287 roundtrip