You can’t travel better if you don’t know what’s going on in the world around you. That’s why each week, ESSENCE will bring you the latest in trending travel news to keep you informed, discover new adventures, and provide you with useful tips that will help you journey deeper and cheaper. We got you!
This week, Expedia is taking a stand against hidden hotel fees, you finally get a chance to relive Game of Thrones on a cruise, and we’re heading to sunny Miami for just under $200. Check out our weekly round-up of what’s trending in travel right now.
- Venice hit with a historic third major flood in less than a week
This marks the third time since Tuesday night’s 6.13 foot flood —the worst in 53 years — that water levels in Venice have topped 4 feet.
- Get On Board for ‘Cruise of Thrones’
Dalmatian Travel & Events is launching an innovative Cruise of Thrones excursion starting in September of 2021, giving travelers and fans of the show a trip through several European filming locations for the wildly popular HBO show.
- How Expedia Is Punishing Hotels Who Want to Charge You Hidden Fees
Hotels that charge hidden “resort” fees will now appear lower on Expedia search results than those whose prices are entirely inclusive.
- Etihad Responds to Flight Shaming Movement With ‘Greenliner’
Abu Dhabi’s flagship carrier Etihad Airways, announced it’s launching one of the world’s most fuel-efficient long-haul airplanes as the company seeks to save costs on fuel and position itself as a more environmentally-conscious choice for travelers.
- FLIGHT DEAL: San Francisco – Hanoi, Vietnam. $560. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
- FLIGHT DEAL: New York to Seoul, South Korea for only $391 roundtrip
- FLIGHT DEAL: Non-stop from Boston to Miami (& vice versa) for only $116 roundtrip
- FLIGHT DEAL: United: Washington D.C. – Vancouver, Canada. $318. Roundtrip, including all Taxes